Are you a counselling or mental health professional seeking clinical supervision to enrich your clinical work?
The College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO), describes supervision as
“a contractual relationship in which a clinical supervisor engages with a supervisee to promote the professional growth of the supervisee; enhance the supervisee’s safe and effective use of self in the therapeutic relationship, discuss the direction of therapy; and safeguard the well-being of the client”
I work with student therapists, as well as other counselling and mental health practitioners
who may require clinical supervision for a variety of reasons including:
– obtaining supervision hours that are required for membership to the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
– Clinical skill building
– Case consultation, including formulation/assessment and planning
– Seeking support, empathy and a non-judgmental space
– Developing fresh perspectives
– Integrating theory and practice
– Understanding feelings of transference and countertransference to be used constructively in the therapeutic setting.
– Reducing professional isolation, and increasing collegiality
– Addressing confidentiality issues and ethical dilemmas
– Enhancing self- awareness and the ability to self-reflect on clinical work
– Reducing professional fatigue
– Seeking clinical rejuvenation or encouragement
– Professional identity and role development
Please contact me directly if you are interested in working with me in a clinical supervision capacity. I welcome the opportunity to work with you.